last updated: 2019-03-28 version history
Gatecoin is a Hong Kong-based cryptocurrency exchange founded in 2013. It has been ordered by the Hong Kong High Court to be liquidated on March 14, 2019.
You can find the liquidation order appointing a liquidator here.
The case has the case number L10/18/2019 MLL/A
Ms. Chi Lai Man Jocelyn and Ms. Li Chung Ngai both of Borrelli Walsh Limited are appointed as liquidators. You can find their letter to the creditors here. You can contact them at email@example.com or 852 3761 3875.
You can find the relevant legal framework for winding up Gatecoin under Section of the Companies (Winding Up and Miscellaneous Provisions) Ordinance (Cap. 32) here. Of interest are:
- Section 196(2)
- Section 200(3)
- Section 227(A)1
If you have more information on the case please contact the Bitcoin Association at firstname.lastname@example.org
Timeline of events:
- 2019-03-14: Gatecoin announces liquidation on its website.
- 2019-03-25: Hong Kong High Court appoints liquidator.
- 2019-03-28: Liquidator requests creditors to file their claims.
- 2019-04-03: The case is being referenced in a question by Wu Chi-wai in Legco
- 2019-03-14: 虛擬幣爆煲 港產交易所Gatecoin遭清盤 苦主十萬資產凍過水 支付服務供應商拒評
- 2019-03-17: Gatecoin Ordereed to Cease All Operations, Enters Liquidation
- 2019-04-09: 清盤人指Gatecoin已破產 正與董事及前職員合作回收資產
- 2019-03-26 Appointment of Liqduidator
- 2019-03-28 Search on cases of compulsory winding-up companies