Bitcoin Summer Internship
Update 2018-05-21: This position has been filled. Thank you all for your support!
The Bitcoin Association of Hong Kong is a community organization and industry representation for Bitcoin businesses, traders, investors, entrepreneurs and enthusiasts. Currently, there are mainly individual members from various background and interests.
The Association was founded in 2014 with the aim to promote the adoption of Bitcoin and related technologies, educate the public and regulators. It has its roots in the Bitcoin HK Meetup, which has been continuously running since 2012 and with 4,000+ members is currently the by far most popular Fintech/Blockchain community in Hong Kong.
For the summer of 2018 we are looking for the first time for a crypto-enthusiastic individual to join our own team part-time. You will have your own responsibilities and be expected to actively and creatively shape the Association as well as the greater cryptocurrency ecosystem in Hong Kong as a whole.
- Strengthen the relationship between members and the Association
- Conduct two projects from start to conclusion
- Map out the Hong Kong cryptocurrencies space and present it to the public
- Organize and attend educational and networking events
What we provide:
- Weekly salary of HK$1,500 (~20h/week, 4-8 weeks), paid in Bitcoin
- An introduction into the cryptocurrency world
- Guidance and education on tech, business and legal issues
- Flexible working hours
What we are looking for:
- Full-time Student (m/f/x) of a Hong Kong higher education institution, including recent graduates
- Strong interest in Bitcoin, Cryptocurrencies, Tokens and Blockchains (ideally in that order)
- Basic understanding of Bitcoin’s technology
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Highly reliable and well organized
Also of benefit are:
- Interest in financial regulation and securities law
- Interest in information security
- Interest in international politics
- You enjoy socialising and networking
- Experiences with video recording, editing and graphic design
- Experiences with public relations management
- Passion for open networks, transparency and individualism
- Basic knowledge of accounting and management control
- You’re social media savvy
- Cantonese and Mandarin communication skills